Dead Drift Stonefly Nymph
- Hook - 4-8, 2x
heavy, 2x long
- Weight - Lead
wire over the rear half of the shank
- Tail - Two
pheasant tail fibers (split)
- Rib - Brown floss
- Abdomen - Dark
brown fur (squirrel)
- Thorax - Black
- Hackle - Furnace
- Bend the hook slightly downwards between
the abdomen and the thorax.
- Wrap lead wire on the rear half of the
hook shank and lacquer.
- Tie in the two pheasant fibers and split
- Tie in the rib and let it dangle for a
- Dub a thick abdomen up to the bend in the
- Wrap the rib over the abdomen.
- Tie in the hackle feather.
- Spin a deer hair thorax and trim.
- Palmer the hackle through the thorax.
- Whip finish.